- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 fennel bulbs, sliced, fronds reserved
- 1L (4 cups) Real Stock Chicken
- 8 slices woodfired bread
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the sliced fennel (not the fronds) and fry 5-10 minutes until fennel begins to turn golden.
- Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the bread on both sides with remaining olive oil, place on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Top with the grated parmesan and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until melted.
- Finely chop the reserved fennel fronds and add to the soup, stir to combine. Divide the soup between four bowls and serve with the parmesan toasts.