- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large sebago potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 x 425g cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 slices pancetta
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek is soft. Add potato and beans. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock. Increase heat to high. Cover and bring to the boil. Boil for 7 to 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Blend or process half the soup until smooth. Return soup to pan. Add thyme and lemon juice. Return to heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook pancetta for 2 minutes each side or until browned and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Break pancetta into large pieces.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with pancetta. Season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.