- 500g beef fillet steaks
- Olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (130g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup (80g) cashews, roasted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh purple basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the beef fillet steaks lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the capsicum, bean sprouts, cucumber ribbons, roasted cashews, basil and purple basil leaves in a large bowl.
- Mix the lime juice, dark brown sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl until well combined.
- Slice the beef fillet steaks into strips across the grain. Add the meat to the salad mix. Pour on the dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.