- 1 Kg fish (centre bone and skin removed and cut into square pieces
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup drained beaten curd
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- A pinch of tandoori colour (optional)
- Rub the fish with lemon juice, garlic, ginger paste and leave for 1/2 an hour.
- Mix and smear the fish tikka with 1 tsp salt, chilli powder, ajwain (Carom seeds), garam masala, tandoori colour and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Arrange the fish tikka on a greased skewer and barbecue on a charcoal fire or cook under the grill.
- Sprinkle hot masala just before serving (optional)
- Serve it hot with onion rings or salad.