- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g (1 cup) White Long Grain Rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 435ml (13/4 cups) Real Stock Chicken
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and cumin seeds, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the rice is heated through. Add the tomato paste and paprika, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Add the beans to the rice mixture and gently stir to combine. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the beans are heated through. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Use a fork to separate the grains. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve warm or at room temperature.