- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped, plus extra slices to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 200ml tomato juice
- 6 black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- Toasted croutons, to serve
- Place the tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, onion, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and tomato juice in a blender, and process to combine.
- Add enough water to make a thick soup consistency, then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss together the olives, capers, basil leaves and croutons, and serve on top of the soup.