- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, half finely chopped, half thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Real Stock Vegetable
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 slices Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna
- 140g Vintage Cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and chopped chilli, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins. Carefully use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Add beans and cook for 1-2 mins until heated through. Season.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Arrange bread on tray and cook under grill, about 8cm from the heat source, for 1-2 mins or until toasted.
- Turn and top with 80g cheddar. Grill for 1-2 mins or until cheddar melts and is golden.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with avocado, tomato, remaining cheddar, coriander and sliced chilli. Season with pepper and serve with cheese toasts.