- Mutton- 1 lb (cut and cleaned)
- Basmati rice- 2 cups (washed)
- Water- 2 1/2 cups
- Coconut water- 1 1/2
- Green chillies- 3 sliced
- Pudina (mint leaves) – 1 packet finely chopped
- Coriander leaves (cilantro) – 1/4 packet chopped
- Onion- 1 large sliced
- Tomato- 1 chopped
- Curd- 1 cup (beaten)
- Chilli powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala- 1/4 tbsp
- Mutton masala- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric- 1/4 tbsp
- Dhaniya powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Jeera powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Cashew- 4 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 5 count
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
Garam masala Ingredients:
- Star anise- 1
- Biryani leaf- 2
- Cardamoms- 4
- Cloves- 4
- Cinnamon stick- 1 stick 2 inch
- Shah jeera- 1 tbsp
Procedure for marinating:
- Take a bowl clean the mutton properly.
- Now add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, mutton masala, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, Garam masala, ginger garlic paste and mix well and marinate for 1- 2 hours.
- Store it in refrigerator to marinate.
Procedure for biryani:
- Take a pressure cooker add ghee and tbsp of oil and add the garam masala ingredients and cashew nuts, green chillies, curry leaves and fry until golden colour.
- Add the marinated mutton, Coriander leaves some, pudina chopped and fry for a min and add 1 cup of water and boil it until 7-8 whistles.So it cooks well.
- Take medium size wok heat it add tbsp of oil and add onion and fry well and then add 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and fry well until golden colour.
- Add the tomato and fry well now add the cooked mutton into the pan and if there is any water in the curry then let it cook until the water evaporates totally.
- Add the washed basmati rice and fry for a min carefully rice should not break.
- Add the water, salt and taste the water if necessary add garam masala powder and salt. The water must be very little salty.
- Close the lid and cook it in low flame so the bottom does not burns and cooks evenly.
Ingredients for raita:
- Curd- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 cup chopped finely
- Cucumber- 1/4 piece peeled and chopped finely
- Tomato- 1/2 chopped
- Green chillies- chopped- 1
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Take the chopped onions and add water and little salt and soak it for 10 min so it decreases its spice.
- Take bowl add chopped onions, green chillies, tomato, cucumber, coriander, curd and salt and add little water and mix well.
- Serve this with any biryani tastes good.