- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x 500ml cartons chicken consomme
- 75g (1/3 cup) risoni
- 85g (1/2 cup) shelled fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced ciabatta, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the fennel, carrot, zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the consomme and bring to the boil. Add the risoni and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes or until peas are bright green and tender. Remove from heat.
- Add the tarragon and stir to combine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls, and serve with ciabatta.