- 4 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small (about 165g each) red capsicums
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the cob, close to the core, to remove the kernels.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the corn and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until corn is bright yellow.
- Increase heat to high. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until corn is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the cream. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Place the soup in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Place the capsicums on a baking tray. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Use a sharp knife to cut capsicums in half and de-seed. Peel and discard the skin.
- Finely chop the capsicum and place in a small bowl. Add the oil and vinegar, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the warm soup among shot glasses. Top with the capsicum mixture and serve immediately.