- 1kg vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g (about 5 slices) white bread, crusts removed
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste*
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Natural yoghurt, paprika and coriander leaves, to serve
- Place tomatoes in a blender with garlic, bread, harissa and paste. Season, blend until smooth, then slowly add the oil while motor is running.
- Place in bowl, stir in the vinegar and sugar, then season again to taste. Add some warm water if too thick.
- Serve in glasses, then add a dollop of yoghurt, paprika and coriander leaves.