- 2 400g cans chickpeas (Annalisa brand), rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Combine the chickpeas, parsley, mint, onion and grated carrot in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and gently toss until well combined.
- Use a fork to whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the lemon dressing over the chickpea and parsley salad. Gently toss to combine and serve immediately, sprinkled with sumac.